If you have a desire to start a career in IT and have a passion for technology, then kick start your future with IT-OK.
Following on from previous successful schemes we are hiring once again for a new apprentice recruit for our IT team. We are seeking a motivated individual with real enthusiasm for the latest technology & desire to become competent with the inner workings of desktops, laptops & mobile devices.
We’re looking for someone who is intuitive, enjoys a challenge and ideally, has some experience of computer networking and building and configuring computers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic people to kick start their career within the information technology industry.
The I.T. Support apprenticeship role will be based at our location near Bodmin, Cornwall and will include:
- Helpdesk support to clients
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintain computer systems and networks
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies
- Troubleshooting any system and network issues and diagnosing any faults
- Analyse network data and monitor network usage and server functions
- Any other duties as required by the business
- Resolving faults and explaining to the client the work you have carried out
- Fixing and maintaining equipment, such as mobile phones, printers, laptops, scanners and PC’s
- Assisting with system upgrades and setting up new devices
- Recording problems within CRM systems so that task histories can be reviewed
- Provide excellent customer service
- Identify the need for system and equipment updates
- Technical, Website Development , Social Media and Marketing
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time, to support the business
This is an exciting opportunity for the ideal Apprentice to achieve a suite of professional certificates and accredited apprenticeship training.
I joined the team in 2015 after finishing my college course and haven’t looked back since. The Apprenticeship was such a good learning curve and I learned so much in the 12 months. I was initially very nervous about dealing with customers on a help desk, but with help from the team here that soon passed. I was given to opportunity to go out to site and fix problems with servers and networks and assist with installing new systems. Following my apprenticeship I am now a fully employed IT technician with ITOK and continue to learn and progress.
Find out more and apply online at the Government Gateway here: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-333209